- Property Type: Finishing
- Land Area Ha: 119
- Property Features: Average rainfall (Average Rainfall/Climate: 1100mm)
- Location & services: Km's to Nearest Town: Otautau 5km Winton 30km, Nearest Town: Otautau, Location / District: Otautau, Schooling Primary: Otautau, Schooling Secondary: Central Southland College
- Tenure: Freehold: Yes
- Aspect: Northerly
- Fencing: Fencing - Type & Condition: All deer fenced.
- Land contour: Rolling: 119
- Present Condition: Total property in permanent pasture, approx. 34 ha new grass last three years. Wintering 600 cows, plus making silage and heifer grazing. 16ha winter crop approx. last three years
- Subdivision - No Paddocks: Main: 20, Holding: Hill blocks
- Soil Types: Aparima and Pukemutu with and small amount of Makarewa
- Weeds / pests: Small pockets of gorse to be sprayed by the Vendor
- Shelter Trees: Good established shelter over the property including Blue Gums, Macrocarpa and Flax
- Water supply: Bore source to new storage tank, reticulated under pressure to balance of property. House water – rain catchment uv treated and filtered.
- Irrigation: N/A
- Effluent Disposal: N/A
- Fertiliser: Annual Maintenance. MOP 150kg/ha Urea after each cut (three cuts)
- Access & tracks: Off McIntosh Road. All weather metal lanes to all but one paddock on property.
- Land Usage: Grazing unit wintered 600 cows last three years. Cutting approx. 12t grass per/ha per annum. Used as support for Dairy Unit and grass harvesting
- Sheds: Other Shedding: Two four bay implement sheds (one with workshop), woolshed and covered yards. Large modern deer facility with concreted deer pens with high pressure hose system, three bays used for implement cover.
- Comments: Supplements Made on Farm – 2017/18 grass harvested 1st cut 283,014 kg/DM + 50 bales baleage, 2nd cut 247,975 kg/DM 150 bales baleage, 3rd cut 127,409 kg/DM + 292 bales baleage, 4th cut 75,000 kg/DM 2018/19 grass harvested 1st cut 1,292,970 kg (wet), DM Average 33.43% + 380 bales of baleage, 2nd cut 890,200 kg (wet), DM Average 40.49% + 181 bales baleage 119ha Subject to Survey – Excludes House and Approx 1ha of land Two titles could be sold independently. Land excluding homestead and approx. 1ha subject to survey
About this listing
Situated just 5km east of Otautau with flat to easy rolling contour. Well subdivided with deer fencing, metal lanes to entire property and good quality pastures and percentage of young grass. Support buildings include a large deer handling facility with concreted deer pens,woolshed and covered yard and two four bay implement sheds (one with workshop). Property has historically been used for rearing calves, wintering heifers and grass harvesting. Currently used as a grazing unit having wintered 600 cows last three years. Cutting approx. 12t grass per/ha per annum. Used as support for Dairy Unit and grass harvesting.