- Property Name: Milking It Agri Ltd
- Property Type: Dairy
- Land area: Area in Grass: total area. Approx 4 ha fodder beet.
- Land Area Ha: 72.3783
- Property Features: Average rainfall (Average Rainfall/Climate: 1100 mm)
- Location & services: Km's to Nearest Town: 15, Nearest Town: Winton, Location / District: Browns, Rural Delivery (Yes), Schooling Primary: Hillside Primary School, Bus Primary (Yes), Schooling Secondary: Central Southland College, Bus Secondary (Yes)
- Roof: Iron
- Tenure: Freehold: yes
- Approx year built: 1960
- House style: Brick & roughcast
- House Comments: 1960's 3 bedroom house with iron roof, heatpump, single garage.
- Chattels remaining: Blinds, Drapes, TV aerial, Curtains
- Aspect: Flat
- Fencing: Fencing - Type & Condition: 3 wire electric
- Land contour: Flat (ha: 72.37)
- Present Condition: Dairy unit in milking 220 cows - wintered 100 cows on farm. Balance off farm. Pastures under 7 years old approx. 4ha oats and grass, 300 bales of baleage approx made on farm available with property to winter on.
- Subdivision - No Paddocks: Main: 18
- Soil Types: Pukemutu
- Shelter Trees: macrocarpa/poplars around boundary
- Water supply: 2 x bores with 40mm mainlines
- Irrigation: effluent consent till 2020 for 250 cows
- Effluent Disposal: Weeping wall to holding pond - with discharge through travelling irrigator.
- Fertiliser: Annual maintenance
- Access & tracks: lane 7m width with tarsealed road frontage
- Management Policy: Calves grazed off from December, calving date 8th August Heifers and balance of herd. Approx 150 tonne palm kernel used last season
- Milk Solids: Yr 3 Kg Milk Solids: 103000, Budgeted Milk Solids: Year 1 98,000Kg/ms, Year 2 103,000Kg/ms, Year 3 120,800kg/ms, Year 4 121,150kg/ms
- Sheds: Main Shedding: 20 aside herringbone dairy shed - milfos plant - water filtration for iron., Other Shedding: 2 x 4 bay calf shed, woolshed, haybarn
- Going Concern: Cows available at valuation (mixed age)
- Comments: Top quality smaller unit.
About this listing
Well located performing smaller dairy unit of flat contour with strong fertility and soil types. 2018/19 production approx. 121,150kg/ms. Tidy 3 bedroom brick and roughcast homestead, 20 aside herringbone dairy shed milking 220 cows, consented for up to 250 cows until 2020. Vendor wintering on 100 cows.